Missing fish!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orangelover77

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I had 3 Platy 1 Molly 1 Gourami and 3 Glofish in a tank. I left someone in charge of my tank for a week and when I came back all I had left were my Glofish. I asked the person that was in charge of my tank where my fish were and she said she had no clue. HELP! I miss my babies! :'(

Sorry for the loss that is a bad situation, do you have a cat? does your tank have a lid?. I hate to make accusations but with that many fish gone and you being away for only a week I would think either someone took your fish or they weren't taken care of, died an then were removed. Just my thoughts

Well it's someone that I have had watch my fish 20+ times. I don't have cat and it does have a lid

Have you checked the filter? That's a possibility?
How about P. Sherman 42 wallaby way Sydney Australia?

Alright all joking matters aside, is there anyway they could of jumped and hid? Like behind a piece of furniture

Have you checked the filter? That's a possibility?
How about P. Sherman 42 wallaby way Sydney Australia?

Alright all joking matters aside, is there anyway they could of jumped and hid? Like behind a piece of furniture

Well it's very hard for fish to move behind a couch once they're out of water xD

Well sure it is, you could easily have a fish that can jump four feet out of the tank an if you have anything like my tank( next to my bed) then it's possible.

How big is your tank? It is possible they are all hiding- Unlikely, but possible if you have a big tank. Usually, when fish are eaten, they leave a tiny little skeleton, IME.

Cycling 45 Gallon. ???

I just cleaned the tank out yesterday and there were no skeletons or anything... :(

It could happen but it's also not very likely lol

Hey I had a 1.5 foot pleco jump out of a 5 foot high tank,
Moved into the dining room and then I found him around 2 hours later. Lived fine for a week and passes away. His fins shredded from stress and melafix just made it worse :/ back to the topic at hand, it happens with loss of fish. I can definitely say I had dithers disappear! I could also say that someone trying to be nice decided to put 10 minnows in my tank without my knowledge. To make it nicer. In a week they were a high protein snack for my big cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom