Missing fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saur

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So, me of my platys hasn’t been doing very well lately. I had two other that I bought at the same time that have already died and so I was just waiting for the inevitable..

Today, he wasn’t out swimming, but assumed he might just be hiding like he has been lately so I waited a bit.

I still hadn’t seen him so I moved the decorations to find him and take him out, but I couldn’t... I don’t think any of my other fish (gourami, platys, and a plecostomus) are big enough to have eaten him or anything, but I’m not really sure..

Well, if he’s alive he’s hiding really well. If he’s dead he could be in plain sight and you might have a difficult time finding him. Try looking from different angles and use a flashlight. That has always worked for me.

One of my Platies was recently struggling. She was extremely stressed and I didn’t know why. As soon as she started doing better, acting normal, hanging
out with the other fish again, she went missing. I thought maybe she jumped but she’s no where to be found. I can’t figure out where she went bc the other fish still acted like they were starving that night so I don’t think they ate her so idk.

We had a long fin danio go missing. Three of us searched our tank(with flashlights and moving plants) and no luck. We do an almost daily headcount so we can only assume it was consumed by tankmates. I asked about it at our LFS and was told that is probably what happened, that the tankmates probably picked at it until gone. I have a hard time imagining that but there really is no other explanation.

Sooo I found him.. I have this one weird plant that has long “branches” it’s kinda shrub like.. I saw one of my gourami “digging” into it and so I checked what he was doing.. he was eating the platy. I checked the plant before but completely missed him

I’m sorry. At least you know where he is now and it’s not a mystery any more

Back
Top Bottom