Missing guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somethingclever

Aquarium Advice Freak
Now this might sound like a really dumb question but her goes. I have two fancy tail guppies and i have only seen one over the past two days, i just did a water change and moved everything around and still can't find him. I have some goldfish and mollys... it wouldn't be possible for one of them to eat him would it?

same thing happened to me with my yellow guppies.....one day one of them just disappeared and then a few days later i was getting something out with my net and the missing guppy floated out of a plant because it got stuck in there and died or was stuck after it died.....i dont think your other fish would have eaten him so just look in your plants or under rocks and decorations....sorry about your guppy but hes most likely dead:(:(

same thing happened to me with my yellow guppies.....one day one of them just disappeared and then a few days later i was getting something out with my net and the missing guppy floated out of a plant because it got stuck in there and died or was stuck after it died.....i dont think your other fish would have eaten him so just look in your plants or under rocks and decorations....sorry about your guppy but hes most likely dead:(:(

Oh man... i was afraid of that. Sorry bout your guppy too.

It happens...im sure mine died because it didnt adjust right to the water or sense i hadnt cycled my tank...but there is a chance hes just hiding but idk:ermm:

aaaand i just found him dead.... missing his tail. Poor guy :(
aww im sorry:(
:(since his tail was missing another of your fish might be a little aggressive and nipping fins so keep an eye on their fins

could have been the other guppy because i had all males and they were nipping eachothers fins so i looked it up and i read they do that because their are no females

but some people have all males and have no problems but i git some females

but still keep an eye on their fins and sorry again about your guppy:(

Thanks a lot. I should have figured i needed females seeing as how i have mollys and they do the same thing. Oh well, perhaps today i will pick up a female.

Thanks for the advice.

Thanks a lot. I should have figured i needed females seeing as how i have mollys and they do the same thing. Oh well, perhaps today i will pick up a female.

Thanks for the advice.
No problem and get atleast two so the one is not constantly harassed and be aware they have lots of babies and the parents and other fish will eat them but if you want to save and raise them buy a breeder net that will help

Good luck with your fish!:)

Back
Top Bottom