Missing peacock gudgeons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For me, my male is missing! And thank you!

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe the gudgeons could have buried themselves? Or if they were small enough could they have been sucked into the filter and somehow survived the impeller? I once had 3 endler fry get sucked into the filter and found them later as full grown adults, presumably eating algae, uneaten food, and microorganisms. I just lost track of my bolivian ram yesterday, and presumably he jumped from the tank and got eaten by my cat.

~ExoticAquarist, signing out

They're about 1.5 inches long.. my substrate is eco complete so it would be impressive if they were burying themselves

UPDATE: Checked once I got home from classes today and still absolutely no sign of the male. The female turned up, but the male hasn't even left bones.

UPDATE: Checked once I got home from classes today and still absolutely no sign of the male. The female turned up, but the male hasn't even left bones.

I didn't read all the way through and jumped to the last post but have you checked under every rock, plant, decoration you have?
In my old 30g I bred these in I found my male under a fake plant base with fry all around him. They can get into places you didnt think they could..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I didn't read all the way through and jumped to the last post but have you checked under every rock, plant, decoration you have?
In my old 30g I bred these in I found my male under a fake plant base with fry all around him. They can get into places you didnt think they could..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

The mysteries of fish... NO matter how hard we try, we will never understand them completely...

Nope! I'll be sure to check for him tomorrow during the water change

Update!! Both Gudgeons reappeared today!!

Whoa... Crazy! Wonder where he went for a week: maybe took a vacation? Regardless, so glad they both reappeared!

Yeah! I can't imagine where he was!

Maybe the gudgeons could have buried themselves? Or if they were small enough could they have been sucked into the filter and somehow survived the impeller? I once had 3 endler fry get sucked into the filter and found them later as full grown adults, presumably eating algae, uneaten food, and microorganisms. I just lost track of my bolivian ram yesterday, and presumably he jumped from the tank and got eaten by my cat.

Thats crazy! They lived through an impeller, and grew to adults without even being seen!! Wow!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Thats crazy! They lived through an impeller, and grew to adults without even being seen!! Wow!

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Maybe even more got sucked in and only those 3 got sucked in. I change my filter media every 3 months, which would certainly give them time to grow up. There were 21 fish in the bag when I brought them home. 16 babies, 2 females, 1 guppy female, 2 males. All of the smaller babies went missing after about 5 mins and my diamond tetras had a golden/pink tinge on their belly that they only get when spawning or eating live food but I guess the rest got sucked in.

Back
Top Bottom