Misty

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RAVE

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Is it harmfull to use water from my water softner to fill up my tank? As my water has gone all misty MY TANK IS A FW FOR TROPICAL FISH

Last edited:
Wrong forum. I`m moving this to the General Hardware and equipment discussion till I know more. Is this for a SW or FW tank.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you'll hear a definite NO to using water from a softener. I have one and won't even drink it. I have an RO system for that.

The normal process for softening water uses salt and the sodium is left in the water in quantities that probably will kill the fish (it will kill your grass if you water with it).

Check for an water tap that is before your water softener and that water would be a better source. But the usual other cautions apply as does it contains chlorine (city water) etc.

I use a mixture of my RO and my Pre-softened well water for my FW tanks.

I'm no expert but I'm pretty sure you'll hear a definite NO to using water from a softener. I have one and won't even drink it. I have an RO system for that.

The normal process for softening water uses salt and the sodium is left in the water in quantities that probably will kill the fish (it will kill your grass if you water with it).

Check for an water tap that is before your water softener and that water would be a better source. But the usual other cautions apply as does it contains chlorine (city water) etc.

I use a mixture of my RO and my Pre-softened well water for my FW tanks.

THANKS FOR THAT,:p

Back
Top Bottom