Mixed substrate??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon K.A

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do u guys think of my two substrates? Keep it like it is? Make the gravel more like a hill? Remove gravel and make purely sand?

I will add more decor.
What decor should I get??

Attachments

• image-3479250249.jpg
    image-3479250249.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 146
Eventually, it will all end up somewhat mixed together... it is really hard to keep it separated completely. However it looks pretty good right now.

1 suggestion: when aquascaping, try not to make things symmetrical. It looks more natural if it is not symmetrical. So, the tank looks like it is divided half and half... maybe just do 1/3 sand and 2/3 gravel, or visa versa. Also, it would help to soften the dividing line a bit... it is a little to straight imo atm.

I will keep that in mind! Thanks! I might add more gravel, maybe make it a mountain type thing.

Looks very cool! I was going to do something like that...fort384 I need your opinion on a possible aquascape:
What if I moved all my gravel into this huge mountain that eventually climbed down into the sandbed? The mountain would have all the tall-growing plants to make it look like a forest, and then there would be rocks that would seperate the sand and the gravel to represent cliffs. Then I would plant lowgrowing plants in the foreground of the sand with tall ones in the back. What do you think?

Sorry for hijacking your thread brandon! I promise you can hijack one of mine. :)

Thanks! Gotta add more decor, and I noticed some gravel on the sand, probably one of the little guys lol.

Back
Top Bottom