Mixing Blue Harlequin Rasboras with Harlequin Rasbora??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Manix

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at my local LFS today and I saw a Blue Harlequin Rasbora next to the traditionally colored Harlequin Rasbora.

X84245_1_Trigonostigma_heteromorphaRasboraBLUE.jpg
180px-Harlequin_rasbora-9780.jpg

I was wondering if I mixed the two will they school together? I'm thinking of adding 7 of each color. :fish2::fish2::fish2:

Different color morphs will school together. Look at green and albino tiger barbs.

I think that morph is called "Black harlequin rasboras"

I don't know if they are dyed or not. But I'm getting some as soon as my tank is done cycling! (y)

If I can find some black harlequins too that would be awesome!

I want some regulars but I had never heard of the others!

GodFan said:
I want some regulars but I had never heard of the others!

If you ever get the chance to see a blue rasbora in person you will love them. It has a nice blue coloring making it stand out more.

They're not dyed. They are a harlequin rasbora that is selectively bred for that coloration.

2 days ago I boough 6 blue rasboras. They are pretty small still. But slightly big enough my Pearl Gourami can't eat them.

Since my ammonia and nitrite are at 0, and nitrate is at 20. (it is always at 20 consistently). Can I add 7 harlequin rasboras? Or would it be too soon? If it is too soon, how long should I wait?

Back
Top Bottom