Mixing bottom feeders(Red tail shark & pictus cat)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fresh808

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just curious if it would be alight to get a pictus cat to mix with the red tail sharks that are already in my 75 gal?

henryprice said:
How many are you planning on getting

Well, I read that pictus catfish do better in pairs, but honestly, I planned on one since there's already 2 bottom feeders (red tail black sharks) in my 75 gal tank.
Scott

Are the red tails still young? As they grow the liklihood is one will begin to dominate the other until it's demise..

I just added the convicts, Oscar, and electric yellow that's been with the Oscar from juvenile. All of the fish seem to be minding their own and for the most the sharks swim casually about together and once in a while I will see them playing chase, but it lasts a few seconds then they are back to normal. The only thing that's got me concerned is the Oscar and the way he just sits in the corner of this 75 gal tank and it appears as though hes always gasping for air, but the new tank is well aerated. He grew up in a 10 gal with the elec yellow and the Oscar is about 8" and the elec yellow is about 5-6". Maybe the Oscar is traumatized from living in the small tank and only able to move frontwards and backwards. Looked like turning around was too much work and now he's got all this room to work with and can't comprehend or grasp the concept...???

Back
Top Bottom