mixing cory cats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

m.bug

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi. I have two skunk cory cats in my 20 gal tank. I had planned on getting two more. I'm wondering if i could mix the two that i have with two panda cory cats. Would they all shoal together or would they stick w/ their own kind only?

They will definitely get along, but they probably wont hang out together much.
I would get two more skunks if you want a tighter school.

I have two spotted cory cats that school with my emerald cats just fine, its quite funny actually, because the spotted cories are drasticly smaller then the emeralds.

they do stick to their own kind, but I've found my julii cory school with my schwartz's cories because they have similar markings, although the julii's are much smaller in size.

My cories dont seem to notice they are not all the same.

My High-fin greens, pandas and sterbais all school together. In fact the larger greens help push the pandas to the food, its pretty funny

My cory cats are all different. Some of teh same type would only school with the ones who were put in at the same time. I had two schools of about 3 of the same type. They just split into two based on when I added them. It depends on the individual fish I think.

Back
Top Bottom