Mixing danios

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCrazyFishLady

Aquarium Advice Addict
I currently have four danios in my 55g rainbow/danio tank. They are of the purple passion variety and I am in love with these guys. Especially underneath my halide lights, they are stunning. I am wanting to up their school due to a die off recently. They are not schooling anymore, they used to be in a group of eight.

Anyway, the LFS I normally buy these from has caused so many problems and honestly, I'm done with them. Poor service along with sick animals and the whole elitist fish keeping without anything to actually back it up. I normally bought the PPDs for 2.99, due to them thinking they were pearl danios (wrong shipment, I'm guessing). I can't find these guys anywhere else and I'm not into buying animals off of the internet.

So, I was thinking of buying some full-grown pearl danios to supplement. They look very similar and have the same personality and distribution. Would they school with them as if they were the same species? Oh, and maybe throw in some glowlight danios, being that they are sort of similar. I do believe they don't get as large though.

TheCrazyFishLady said:
I currently have four danios in my 55g rainbow/danio tank. They are of the purple passion variety and I am in love with these guys. Especially underneath my halide lights, they are stunning. I am wanting to up their school due to a die off recently. They are not schooling anymore, they used to be in a group of eight.

Anyway, the LFS I normally buy these from has caused so many problems and honestly, I'm done with them. Poor service along with sick animals and the whole elitist fish keeping without anything to actually back it up. I normally bought the PPDs for 2.99, due to them thinking they were pearl danios (wrong shipment, I'm guessing). I can't find these guys anywhere else and I'm not into buying animals off of the internet.

So, I was thinking of buying some full-grown pearl danios to supplement. They look very similar and have the same personality and distribution. Would they school with them as if they were the same species? Oh, and maybe throw in some glowlight danios, being that they are sort of similar. I do believe they don't get as large though.

They should. My zebras and pearls back in the day schooled together.

They are very active. Where did you get the purple passions? I have not heard of them before and they sound like they would be awesome with my gold danios.

Back
Top Bottom