Mixing Gouramis - can you mix moonlight, pearl, dwarf, opaline etc. in the same tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bubble_B0y

Aquarium Advice Addict
does anyone know if you can mix the different gourami species :confused::confused:

I think it would be really cool to have a gourami tank, with all the different species.

I had, 2 dwarf gouramis, 2 pearl gouramis and 2 kissing gouramis but I just got lucky!!! Basically... You'll have a biggest one which is a bully or worse, I was luck not to have any bullies. What size of tank do you have? If it was a 200 gal with lots of cover I might take the risk of 6 or 4, I done it in a 48 gal but as I said I got lucky. My two kissers only get nippy at feeding time but I don't mean taking chunks out of each other nippy.

I have a 60 gallon.
I was thinking to add 4 gouramis
1 dwarf gourami,
1 pearl gourami
1 opaline gourami,
1 moonlight

IME I've kept DGs with gold gouramis, which are similar in tempermant to opalines, and they got along fine. They were all male gouramis too. The DG, pearl and moonlight are fine because of their mild tempermant and peaceful personalities. I'm just worried about the opaline.

IME I've kept DGs with gold gouramis, which are similar in tempermant to opalines, and they got along fine. They were all male gouramis too. The DG, pearl and moonlight are fine because of their mild tempermant and peaceful personalities. I'm just worried about the opaline.

thanks.
I will skip the opaline. And only add 3 gouramis :)

Back
Top Bottom