Mixing ro & tap water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

T-Rexx

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you add ro water to tap water will the ph drop then slowly rise again? i dont want to create an unstable environment for my fish. I know messing with ph can really harm fish

If you mix it together then it will be whatever the combination of both liquids ends up as.

If you are adding it to a tank and you are planning a huge shift in hardness then just do small wc's instead of large ones, at least till you get the kh/gh/ph where you want it. Once you get the mixture figured out and established then it won't be shifting anything since your tank is already going to have similar target parameters as the mixed water going in.

Depends of the final KH you want to reach...

What's your tap KH, and what kind of fishs are you keeping ?

If you mix it together then it will be whatever the combination of both liquids ends up as.

If you are adding it to a tank and you are planning a huge shift in hardness then just do small wc's instead of large ones, at least till you get the kh/gh/ph where you want it. Once you get the mixture figured out and established then it won't be shifting anything since your tank is already going to have similar target parameters as the mixed water going in.

Thank you! I was concerned with ph fluctuations. My last change I added 2 1/2 gallons of RO water to my 60 gallon tank. My fish have taken well to it and have done well so far. :)

Back
Top Bottom