mollies eating shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joejeff

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got 10 ghost shrimp. Can only find 2 now... I have a 29 gallon mediumly planted tank. It has Danios, mollies, platies, and skirt tail Tetras and a few cory cats.... So who needs to go to make the tank shrimp safe?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111201_123820.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111201_123820.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 371
I would say everything except the cories. Everythig loves shrimp, and all your fish can beat up and eat ghosts. I dont mix shrimp with fish.
If you really want shrimp, put lots of moss and hiding places for them to hide and stay safe from hungry mouths.

Oh darn... i was thinking about some cherry shrimp... thats why i tried the ghost shrimp first. i had always read cherry shrimp make good addition to community tank. are there any other inverts that will make it in there? i have had snail b4 and that was an issue... breeding city

I have ghost shrimp in my community tank (see my sig) and they do fine. I do not consider them feeders, as some folks do.

With your stocking list, I'd probably blame the skirts first.

Basically, if you want shrimp like ghosts, you have to pick small peaceful species to live with them.

I actually have corys with my red cherry shrimp and they don't even eat the little shrimplets. It can work, but you have to choose wisely.

the skirts huh? i was always tol they were plant eaters, and to watch them in my planted aquarium

skirts are big ginormous pigs..... plus they get really huge, you might have to be sure the dog doesn't get too close to the tank or they'll swallow him whole. :D

At their mature size, his had bodies larger than half dollars and the regular fins, not the long-finned variety. They were huge! 6 of them outgrew a 26 gallon tank. :ermm:

what i read says black skirts only get about 2 inches long...

maybe he had alien mutant ones..... they sure were cute when they were little juvies..... maybe it's because he has a tendency to overfeed his tank, I don't know.....

Any invert suggestions for.this tank then? I want something else in there...

Back
Top Bottom