Mollies Fighting over food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocminpin

Aquarium Advice Addict
I fed Omega One Super Color Small Pellets tonight to my Mollies & Betta in my 29g. I have to crush it up because the "small" pellets aren't small enough... The fish can't swallow them whole... Anyway, this is their favorite food... It smells the strongest so I can see why! A fight breaks out between Cruella (Dalmatian) & Suki (Creamsicle) and they're body smacking and pecking at each other... A few minutes later Suki & Charger (Silver) start smacking each other... Cruella chases off my betta, Lucy... Then goes back to telling Suki what she thinks of the situation...
In the meantime, Angel my 5 month old Dalmatian has her mouth crammed so full of food she can't shut it and is going around in an O expression like she's trying to dislodge it... Yet chases after anyone else who tries to get any food drifting around on the gravel even tho she can't fit anything else in...
No more fights as of now, but Angel is still crammed with food... It looks almost like I could pop it out with a toothpick (which of course I couldn't cause she's a fish) but wow... I really hope she is able to get it out! Don't know what to do! Any ideas?? It's been there about 15 mins now...

The food will probably dislodge itself as the water makes it softer. Ive had the same problem w/my cichlids from time to time.

Cichlid Kid said:
The food will probably dislodge itself as the water makes it softer. Ive had the same problem w/my cichlids from time to time.

It suddenly fell out and my betta snatched it before it fell.. :) I'm glad .. Angel is from my first batch and the first one I'm growing from the minute she was born...

Back
Top Bottom