I may have made a fatal error. My 13 gallon tank has been established for about two months. I had been doing small water changes. I recently got a vacuum and water tester. I learned the ammonia levels were greater than 8 ppm
. So, I did a 90% water change and tried to vacuum as much of the debris as I could. I didnít mean to change that much, but did not realize how much debris was in the rocks and the water sucked out faster than I could vacuum. That being said, the fish were in some dirty dirty water once it got low since all the debris was kicked up.
After the water change, I noticed one of the Dalmatian mollies was lying listless at the bottom of the tank in a u shape with clamped fins. I also noticed one eye was cloudy/swollen but am not sure if that occurred before or after. I put an extra air stone in the tank and turned up the oxygen. I added Melafix. He got better, but definitely was swimming funny and seemed to not be able to move his fins correctly. It is now the third day and she is swimming vertical. I noticed that his fins look a little shredded. That could possibly be from the other Molly nipping. Is this swim bladder? Ammonia poisoning? Shock? All of the other fish appear normal except for one Mickey Mouse platy that has been resting at the bottom a lot and has a big gray spot where the Mickey Mouse logo is. I put them both in an isolation tank so the other fish stop bothering them.
What to do?