molly question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dieanna

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a new, very small male molly. I don't know if the guy at the store gave me the wrong one, but I could have sworn it was a female. Anyway, I introduced him to the other 2 and after a little while the male that I've had started chasing him around. I don't know if he was trying to hurt him or not, but he probably thought he was trying to steal his woman, lol. I've never seen my older male be agressive in any way. Right now, I have them separated, but I'd like to eventually keep them in the same tank. So my question is, do I need to add a few more female mollies in order for them all to get along?

If there is aggression between the two then adding a couple of more females won't hurt. It might just be that he is smaller than the other male and the old molly was protecting his territory. You could either take it back to the lfs and get a female or just go get a female or two. :D

I think I want to keep him. He's very cute and very active. Not shy at all. I started cycling an empty 20 gal for the mollies today. So, I think I'll just pick up a female or two within the next couple days, then. :)

omg, when I had my males in there with my females, Slider was(still is) my dominant male and then Dez would always skim between him in and the female to break off his "blocking" routine and then get in there to breed. Another favorite molly male moments was when one of the babies pecked Slider's tail and Slider thought it was Dez so he hit him. Then it's also amusing to watch them "Spar" too ...so amusing males are lol

i was going to buy a pair of Pearl Whites, for 11.99 this weekend at a LFS,, i go to Petsmart and they are 2.99 each!! i was pissed... sorry guys but i was also going to but a filter for my 75 gallon for $60, i go to Petsmart, 29.99.. i know this is a small store and need to bring up prices but $20 is toooo much..

Back
Top Bottom