Molly's fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave88

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had 4 Molly for a whole now 1 male 3 females. Yesterday I bought 4 saffron Molly's again same ratio. But both makes keep fighting now and one has been banished to a small hidy hole and won't move from it.
Is this normal for Molly's? Will it get better or is it literally going to have to be 1 male to 6 females

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your Fish

I've had 4 Molly for a whole now 1 male 3 females. Yesterday I bought 4 saffron Molly's again same ratio. But both makes keep fighting now and one has been banished to a small hidy hole and won't move from it.
Is this normal for Molly's? Will it get better or is it literally going to have to be 1 male to 6 females

Hello Dave...

Livebearers are comfortable in tanks that are heavily planted with floating plants. I keep large tanks of livebearing fish and the surface is covered with Hornwort, Anacharis and Pennywort. The thicker the better, because the plants provide a lot of hiding places. So, the more timid fish can have a little peace. You'll be limited on the bottom plants because the floaters shade the bottom. Anubias nana and nangi, any of the mosses and Java fern will grow well in subdued light, so I use them.

Just a suggestion.

B

Molly's will fight over females. They always will. You won't stop it. They'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom