Mommy? Daddy? Neither? Cory babies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

STYLO_23

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
:fish2: So mom is an emerald Cory and the dads are albino cories. The fry are about 2 weeks old and most are clear with strips, what will they end up looking like? I've googled it but I got nothing. Has anyone had this mix?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 119
Ooooo following!!! Curious! Post pics once they get bigger :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've got over 50 of these babies once they get bigger i might need to sell or give some away. Any fish people near south texas?

Sometimes local fish store will give credit too

I would love to have some unique cories like that once they are grown :) looking good!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I'll check out if corys can travel well with ups and post again later with updates. I'm excited about these babies i've never breed fish before.

Is it easy to breed cory cats?

Lol well for me it was easy all i did was sit there and watch, for the cories however it was tiring they were going at it for like 3 hours straight. I've had my female cory for about 6 months and the males about a year. I did a water change the day before they started spawning, i guess i did the change at the right time. Its my first time and i think i got lucky :)

The way you get cories to breed, is when you do your pwc, make the water a little lower in temp, than the tank water. As it simulates the rainy season when they breed

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Do you mean green Cory ( aka Bronze Cory )
Corydoras aeneus ?

Most albinos are also C aeneus.

So prob not a hybrid they would be just crosses from 2 colors of the same species.

If they were hybrids, you prob shouldn't sell them. Too easy for them to pollute the gene pool as there are a ton of lookalike Cories that are hard to tell apart as it is.

An example are Synodontis cats. There are so many hybrids being sold as true Synos, it's hard to find "real" ones.

The way you get cories to breed, is when you do your pwc, make the water a little lower in temp, than the tank water. As it simulates the rainy season when they breed

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Yeah i know all that stuff but i wasnt trying to get them to breed it just seem to happen that way. Right now its pretty cold here in texas so i had to put a heater in my tank and when i did the water change the water comes out cool so thats what happen.

Do you mean green Cory ( aka Bronze Cory )
Corydoras aeneus ?

Most albinos are also C aeneus.

So prob not a hybrid they would be just crosses from 2 colors of the same species.

If they were hybrids, you prob shouldn't sell them. Too easy for them to pollute the gene pool as there are a ton of lookalike Cories that are hard to tell apart as it is.

An example are Synodontis cats. There are so many hybrids being sold as true Synos, it's hard to find "real" ones.

Okay so the shop i got my cory at said it was an emerald cory (Brochis splendens) but they could be wrong idk. I've never said that their fry are hybrids and i dont intend to sell to any pet store either. They'd probably end up killing the babies with their poor water quality.
I posted this to find out if anyone had fry from a mix like mine thats all, i want to know what these babies will look like. Ill post a pic of the mom if i can. Then you can tell me if its a bronze cory or not.

Back
Top Bottom