Moon Light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cwabby

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello :)
Just wanted to ask if anyone can suggest a nice little moon light brand for my 30 gallon tank. I don't want any bubbler attached. Just something I can adhere with suction cups to the tank hood. I am looking at some online, but wanted to ask if anyone is using a particular brand that they think works well. Thanks ::fish2:

I always had good luck with the stick on led strips and a small transformer. It works well by just adhering right to the bottom of the hood, and takes almost no power to run... and it can be done on the cheap.

I just bought the hidden LED system from Marineland and I totally love it. It can hardly be seen and it has a switch that suctions to the outside of the tank. They're a little expensive, $40 for a 21", but they have a blue only strip too for cheaper

I use a TruLumen (if I remember correctly) ordered from amazon. It's a little to bright for my tastes. Sticks on with two sided tape and takes a separate transformer.

I picked up some LED strips from Autozone. They are waterproof, come in many lengths and colors, come two to a pack and have a sticky backing. Just add a small transformer (which most folks have sitting in a junk drawer).

I never thought of that. I have a few of those strips in my car haha. The lights may be waterproof but is the sticky backing?

This what I was talking about... I never had any issue with it peeling off. In fact I sold the fixture to someone else and they used it for a few years too and never had issues with the strips coming off.

No issues here either. I have them stuck to the underside of my fixture over an open tank. I have even peeled them off of one fixture and stuck them to another and the sticky still holds strong. They are meant to be stuck wherever on a car, even the outside. You can just twist and tape the pigtails to a 9-12 volt DC transformer and you are good to go. Since I had it lying around, I soldered the wires and used mesh wire sleeve and heat shrink for a cleaner look.

Back
Top Bottom