Moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovemybarbs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm going to be buying a new hood for the new tank. What is your moonlight set-up like? I know nothing about it. Is it an extra light strip??
TIA!!

:wave:

Most of the moonlight setups are LED's. I think there is a bulb that puts out similar frequencies but I'm not totally positive. If you are handy, they are very easy to rig up by yourself and you can find multiple threads about it in the DIY section on this forum. HTH!!

I have exackly what you refrense to there it makes the tank look great but my nocturnal fish are still leery as it is avery bright lite for an L.E.D. I havto actually put a napkin under it to difuse the light a little to coax out my featherfin catfish and my black ghost.

www.thelebos.com
FTW

This moonlight system is what I have and will continue using. It is dimmable, which if you're like me, is a must because I sleep next to my tank, and without dimming the LED it is too bright at night. Great quality, good customer ervice, and you can just buy replacement strands if you upgrade your tank (which is what I'm doing).
No experience with the lunar tracker, but I just simulate it by slowly turning up the moonlight during the first 2 weeks of the month, and down for the last 2 weeks. I'm sure the tracker would be sweet though.

Corey said:
www.thelebos.com
FTW

This moonlight system is what I have and will continue using. It is dimmable, which if you're like me, is a must because I sleep next to my tank, and without dimming the LED it is too bright at night. Great quality, good customer ervice, and you can just buy replacement strands if you upgrade your tank (which is what I'm doing).
No experience with the lunar tracker, but I just simulate it by slowly turning up the moonlight during the first 2 weeks of the month, and down for the last 2 weeks. I'm sure the tracker would be sweet though.

I bought my moonlights from www.thelobos.com too. I am very happy with my purchase, the moonlights look fantastic. I would definately buy from them again.

My tank is also by my bed, the dimmer is a great function. I have a 55 gallon tank and I bought the 3 light system. 2 lights would work, but I wanted the ability to light the tank up more. I can always dim the lights down when I want.

You'll love the moonlights once you get them!

www.thelebos.com
FTW

i too have bought from www.thelobos.com
i aslo have the 3 light system in a 55gal...i think its too much light so i have it turned down to about 3/4. i think the 2 light system is good enough. best moonlights ive seen...great light quality.

i have the moonlights hooked up to the lunar tracker and its cool but i havent seen any significat difference in growth or anything esle. i think you can do without it though. it just looks cool.
its just another "toy" to add to your tank. :D

Just curious, if I run the "normal" lights for 8 hours a day... how long can I run the moonlights for?

Mine are LED's mounted into the fixture. I run my lights 9 1/2 hours and the moonlights are on the rest of the time.

I have the Current USA Satellite strip on my 20 gallon tank. It has 1 moonlight built in to the strip, since it is only 2 feet long, and a CF bulb. It has 2 separate cords, one for each light, and the moonlight is always on. I like the effect and it's cool to watch your nocturnal fish in the dark.

Back
Top Bottom