Mopani Wood Floating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltair

Aquarium Advice Freak
I bought a small piece of Mopani Wood for a Clown Pleco in a new set up, but it wont sink. I have used this wood before and sinks right away. It has been soaking in a bucket overnight, but still floats. Suggestions other than the obvious weighing it down?

Not trying to be a smarty pants, but try to wait until it sinks in the bucket. Using boiling (or very hot) water in the bucket might open up the pores of the wood and accelerate the waterlogging process. Hope this helps. -=CG=-

I thought about trying to boil it. The wood is supposed to sink on its own, I just wondered if anybody else had run into a piece that floated before

Floating wood

I did experience something similar, and I hate to put weights to hold the wood in the tank.
I did put the wood in a bucket with hot water, and I put a weight to hold it down, took three days for the piece to stay in the bottom by itself.

I leave it there for a full week just to be sure and to wash any possible issue.

My recommendation is to have patience, it will sink sooner.

Back
Top Bottom