more exotic fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

felipe

Aquarium Advice Regular
if i'm interested in investing in a "more exotic" freshwater fish for a 30 gallon tank that i think i might get, what kinds of fish would poeple suggest? I want something along the lines of sharks or vicious fish. soemthing like an oscar maybe. i dunno i need to do some research. does anyone have any advice?

i'm going to keep goldfish in the 10 gallon and setup a whole new 30 with different fish in it

you are gonna run into aggression problems if you go for "vicious" fish and try to put them together in a 30 gallon....do a lot of research before you buy...

I agree with Crazy on the agression problem. As for types of fishes you could try africans. They are "smaller" and are pretty "vicious".

How about freshwater puffers (dwarf puffers). They are carnivorous and you could keep 6 or so in that tank, I think (puffer people correct me, I am new to keeping them). They are extremely interesting fish with habits very different from any of the other fish I have kept.

They get way too big for a 30 gallon tank. SOO many pet stores sell them along with a nice little 10 gallon tank. That is wrong wrong wrong. They get huge!

hey, you want a really cool and aggresive tank? Get some sandy substrate covering the bottom. In one area have shells and neolamprous Multifactius. Then, have some lace rock with the smaller julie species. If you have any more room, think about adding jewel chichlids in too.
Yours Truly,
fishstixs05 :D

Back
Top Bottom