More fish for the tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hobnobelisk

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, just wondering how many more fish i can get in my tank (If any). Its a 34 Gal tank with 5 Guppies, 4 hatchetfish (1 common 3 marble) 2 YoYo Loaches, 2 Swordtails, 1 Anglefish, 1 Red tail black sahrk and 1 African Dwarf frog. If anyone has any ideas for what fish would be good, include that aswell.

Not sure if you've seen this tool, AqAdvisor - Intelligent Freshwater Tropical Fish Aquarium Stocking Calculator and Aquarium Tank/Filter Advisor

It's pretty conservative, but it gives you a good starting point, and will let you know about some of the possible conflicts between different fish.

Many people will stock up to 200% and more using that tool, but understand that they will need bigger filters, and more frequent and/or larger water changes. Hope that helps you a bit, I'm afraid I don't know enough about those fish in particular to comment further.

Hey yeah thanks for the reply! I think before i got my 3 marble hatchetfish and frogger i was running at 83% stocked i do frequent 30% PWC so thats not a problem and the filter seems solid atm. I think main thing i need ideas for are fish as i have lots i want but would like abit more direction =)

I'd be worried about running into compatiblity issues if you added any more varieties of fish.

If the shark and the angel are getting along okay and not getting aggresive with each other or more gentle fish, I wouldn't push my luck by crowding them out.

Cheers for the feedback =) At the moment there are 4 hatchetfish in there, but the guppies (And maybe the swordtails) that are in there atm are pretty set for other homes so with that space going would there be any suited fish to add there or not?

I always thought angelfish was either kept solo or in large groups. I know the shark wont cause a problem as of yet. At the moment he just hides under the driftwood, he even lets people in his territory, ive only seen him push fish out twice. once on the swordtail lady and once on a YoYo loach. Hopefully he stays this way but im sure he will get abit more feisty as he gets bigger.

Back
Top Bottom