More General Questions About Owning A Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Noggle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
This is a continuation of a previous thread I made which can be found here; http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/general-questions-about-owning-a-tank-362846.html. All my questions were answered :)
Here are some more questions, thank you in advance for answering!

-------------------------------
General fish tank Questions

16. Do freshwater snails always lay eggs without needing a mate? (Specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
17. What do freshwater snail eggs look like? (Again, specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
18. How to tell the difference between male and female freshwater snails? (Once more, specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
19. Can get bored?
20. How would I tell if a fish is bored?
21. Whats the difference between fancy guppies and normal guppies?
22. Can Balloon Mollies really interbreed with Guppies?
23. How come Guppies are incompatible with almost every other fish species?
24. Can my fish see me through the fish tank glass?
25. How can I find out the right amount of food to give my fish without overfeeding them and creating extra Ammonia?

Random Fish Questions
(these don't have to get answered, but if you can answer some please do :))

26. Do fish have ears?
27. Do all fish have a lateral line?
28. What's the correct spelling of Fish Tank? (This one has especially been bothering me)
29. Why are marine fish so much prettier than freshwater fish?
30. Can all fish jump out of the water? Or is it just some?

Thanks to all of you who take the time to answer! :)
Happy Holidays!

This is a continuation of a previous thread I made which can be found here; http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/general-questions-about-owning-a-tank-362846.html. All my questions were answered :)
Here are some more questions, thank you in advance for answering!

General fish tank Questions

16. Do freshwater snails always lay eggs without needing a mate? (Specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
17. What do freshwater snail eggs look like? (Again, specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
18. How to tell the difference between male and female freshwater snails? (Once more, specifically Tiger Nerite Snails would be helpful)
19. Can get bored?
20. How would I tell if a fish is bored?
21. Whats the difference between fancy guppies and normal guppies?
22. Can Balloon Mollies really interbreed with Guppies?
23. How come Guppies are incompatible with almost every other fish species?
24. Can my fish see me through the fish tank glass?
25. How can I find out the right amount of food to give my fish without overfeeding them and creating extra Ammonia?

Random Fish Questions
(these don't have to get answered, but if you can answer some please do :))

26. Do fish have ears?
27. Do all fish have a lateral line?
28. What's the correct spelling of Fish Tank? (This one has especially been bothering me)
29. Why are marine fish so much prettier than freshwater fish?
30. Can all fish jump out of the water? Or is it just some?

Thanks to all of you who take the time to answer! :)
Happy Holidays!

16 - Yes if they are female
17 - white dots
18 - watch to see if they lay eggs
19 - probably
20 - "shrug"
21 - Selective inbreeding has created guppies with larger flashier tails and more solid colors
22 - yes but the offspring will most likely be sterile
23 - because they are small with big edible tails.
24 - Yes
25 - feed as much as the fish can eat in a minute or two. If you notice them getting skinnier then feed more. Test water frequently.

#20 "Boredom" you really can't relate a human state of mind to a fish. I like your very inquisitive thread.

16 - we had a single Tiger Nerite snail, never had eggs in our tank until we introduced two small Olive Nerite snails. Now we have the little white dots every where but none hatch thankfully! Of course that is why we picked the Nerites to avoid the snail overpopulation. I have not figured out who is laying the eggs out of the three.

Back
Top Bottom