More high nitrites!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got home tonight to find that one of my male guppys had brownish/green spots on him. No idea what these are. Did water parameters and came up with the following:

ammonia - 0ppm

PH - 7.6

Nitrites - 2ppm 8O

Did an immediate 50% water change and when I came home just now tested the Nitrites again and they came out to about 1.5ppm.

1. Should I do another 50% change tonight

2. Can I get 2 false readings in one night

Quick note - the temp in the tank has dropped about 6 degrees Celcius in 2 days and sits about 24 :oops: ....the tank doesn't have a heater yet because it has been so hot. I know that a drop in temp may increase Nitrites in the tank.

This should have been in the unhealthy forum but thought I would get more traffic here. Mods feel free to move it!

[center:11eecb6416] 8O ACK!!! What?!?!? 8O [/center:11eecb6416]
Are the fish looking okay? Did you get another test kit since last time??

I have another Aquarium pharm Nitrite kit that I just test with along with the old one. Got the same reading at about 1.5ppm 8O . Did yet another 50% WC....i can't seem to get a handle on this one! Weird thing is that the fish are all active and well except for the one male that has the spots on him.

Back
Top Bottom