More Stocking Suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ziggs180

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, I feel that my Current stock is still slightly understocked, and my tank still not fully complete in its stocking. I'm looking to add a few more fish to complete my stocking, and Would like some Suggestions. I had a female betta recently that died from dropsy, but i'm inclined to try again, however this time i will Quarantine.

What i have so far - 10 Harlequin Rasboras, 5 Amano shrimp, 2 German blue Rams, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 3 Platys, 1 Albino Bristlenose.I'm maybe looking to get 2 - 3 more platys (although I think one of my platys is actually a female swordtail), and another Female betta i mentioned before. However I'm open to any more suggestions.

Adding a new betta to the tank may not work great with the DG. I would only try it if you have a back-up plan. Sometimes this combo works, sometimes it doesn't.

When i added my first female betta I was worried because my DG was bullying my Rams, but the DG and the Female Betta completely ignored each other. I'm inclined to get 3 more Platies, because I'm not sure if the next female Betta I get is a murderous psychopath.

Although I feel that I still have alot of stocking left, because even after 2 weeks of no water changes, my Nitrates are still at near 0 from all the plants I have sucking it out of the water.

I was looking at Corycats, but the Bottom level of my tank looks a little packed. My shrimp and Rams usually hang out there (my BN pleco is rarely there, usually on the plants or glass or on the Driftwood).

Back
Top Bottom