*More than one tank*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaMcmurrough

Aquarium Advice Regular
Currently have a 40g and was wanting to go bigger. My question is- should I get another 40 or just upgrade to a 75? I am using all supplies from first tank so going bigger will save money. Not sure on two tanks though. Would live input from people that have multiple tanks.

I love having two tanks. Well, three actually but one is just a 5 gallon I use for plants, snails, and shrimp, and right now a female betta. I love that I have two very different tanks, it lets me have fish I couldn't have if I only had one. My 30 gallon is a brackish water puffer tank, and my 58 gallon is a freshwater community tank.

I have 3 tanks. Two 10's and a 55. I love the diversity, even though the 10 is just shrimp. Its fun to get live plants going too.

I love having multiple tanks, but bigger ones have more potential for stocking. Considering the 75 would be an upgrade, you'd already have a stock to put in it though. If you buy a whole other tank, you can keep the stock you have AND start a new one from scratch. So I guess it depends what you want from your new purchase. Another scenario would be upgrading, but still restarting your stock from scratch by rehoming what you have. Idk just spitballing lol.

I was just thinking I can do a complete different setup to keep from getting bored. Maybe I'll upgrade and set it all up and if I still need another one I can set the 40 back up and go planted tank this time.

I have 4 tanks (. 55,30,16,10) and i love each one. Keep in mind it is 4x the work though, but for me its 100% worth it.
I would get the other tank, and try planted in that. Planted tanks are fun because you get to aquascape them determined on height and look. If you dont like it then you can re do it!

I have one set up, one in storage and maybe getting a new 25 gallon for GBR and tetras. It's defiantly worth it .

Add to the addiction I have 8 tanks
( 60, 30, two 20s, two 10s, 2 1/2 and a 2) all are different so going from tank to tank there is always different things to look at.
I love them all and wouldn't change a thing except maybe adding more tanks lol.

My advice would be to get the 75 gallon, but don't sell your 40. The longer you're in the hobby, the more you will see species that you REALLY want to try. If you end up keeping your 40, then you don't have to start completely from scratch when you end up with multiple tanks... because you probably will. ;)

I have many tanks. When it comes to fish, I am not able to "just say no". LOL

I am getting my family used to the idea of a "giant" 75. That's what my little girls call it. I think I'll keep the 40 just incase I to end wanting multiple tanks. Does anyone have pics of multiple tanks in a room so I can see

Do u have different fish in each one? I want to do something different than my current setup. That's why I couldnt decide whether to go big or do both

In the ten i have a beta

In the 30 i have angels ,neons, corys, and ottos

And in the 55 i have rams, an angel, platys, mollys, swordtails, a pleco, and some mystery snails

Here's what it looks like when things get out of hand. :D
img_2019399_0_a54da264d7c0c1032094f578e616b9ac.jpg

Currently have a 40g and was wanting to go bigger. My question is- should I get another 40 or just upgrade to a 75? I am using all supplies from first tank so going bigger will save money. Not sure on two tanks though. Would live input from people that have multiple tanks.

The amount of work required to maintain two tanks is much less than double what you're currently doing.

That said I'd personally stick to 1 tank.

Cynic said:
The amount of work required to maintain two tanks is much less than double what you're currently doing.

That said I'd personally stick to 1 tank.

So your are suggesting going with the 75 instead of two 40's.

Definitely keeping the 40. Just can't decide if I should get a bigger tank or go with two 40's.

Back
Top Bottom