More than what I bargained for.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LunaDay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I mentioned over in the introduction area that I used to keep chiclids years ago. Large tanks. I was recently gifted a 4 gallon tank with three zebra danios and two african dwarf frogs. I know this is not big enough and am in the process of stalking fish tanks to decide on the new, bigger home (Actually, I am considering two, one for the fish and one for the frogs unless maybe you guys think the 4 will work for two frogs?). I do very frequent water changes and less frequent vacuumings and thus far, this is working to keep all happy. None of my pals act stressed, so I am not worried about that. Here are the problems I AM having.

Problems:
Snails that hitched a ride on the plants he bought me (from a very "smart" pet store-NOT). For these I have been tying cabbage to the end of some fishing line and leaving it in the tank overnight, it is getting rid of them, but not as fast as they are reproducing. Does anyone have any ideas for this?

Also, today I saw what I think is a WORM?? It is white and very small, and it moves like a snail. I am assuming that it is planaria, and quite safe, but am not sure if it is a problem I should be working on and would like some advice on that also.

Thanks in advance!

Planaria worms are usually an indication of overfeeding and possibly inadequate gravel vacuuming. I have also heard they if you fast yout fish for a few days it will help control the worms.

Thanks very much. I thought I might be overfeeding them. I will vacuum more often as well until I get their new home. I have never had such little fish before. My cichlids ate little fish. I love these guys though, the are a blast to watch. :)

Back
Top Bottom