Most common freshwater contagious diseases??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ae123

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just wandering...can anyone provide me with a list of the commonest freshwater diseases which would spread most easily, thus being a particular hazard for the community tank--especially the community tank with little or no quarantine back up?

Thanks a lot,

ae123

Here it is: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...tic-charts-and-other-helpful-sites-62460.html A "sticky" is a post that's "stuck" at the top of the forum. If you go to the Unhealthy fish section the first few posts are labeled "Sticky."

Some other diseases I've heard of and encountered on here (not sure how common they are, depending on the definition I guess) and I'm not sure off-hand which of these are contagious are:

fungal infections (which is general, some specific diseases are fungal and others are bacterial)
bacterial infections (again, general, see above)
pop-eye
cotton mouth
columnaris
Ammonia or nitrite poisoning (not sure if this counts as a disease)
Dropsy
Velvet
Fin Rot

Thanks a bunch, library. You are always finding a way to my threads. You were the first person to respond to my first post. I do appreciate the time you take to respond.

So sticky is a link to another article, particularly one atop an individual forum? OK. But, why the name sticky? And who coined this term/what is it's origin? Like many obvious things, I don't get it.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Hey, thanks again.

If anyone has a minute, could you check out my thread in UNHEALTHY FISH: "molly breathing heavy", the question on double dosing with melafix?

Thanks,
ae123

Thanks a bunch, library. You are always finding a way to my threads. You were the first person to respond to my first post. I do appreciate the time you take to respond.

So sticky is a link to another article, particularly one atop an individual forum? OK. But, why the name sticky? And who coined this term/what is it's origin? Like many obvious things, I don't get it.

I guess it doesn't really matter. Hey, thanks again.

If anyone has a minute, could you check out my thread in UNHEALTHY FISH: "molly breathing heavy", the question on double dosing with melafix?

Thanks,
ae123

I'm not sure how it originated but most posts move down the page once new ones get posted. "Stickys" are "stuck" (pinned) at the top of the page so they are always there and usually locked so you can't reply, they just mostly give information.

And you're welcome. :D

Sorry about your Molly, I hope s/he recovers.

Back
Top Bottom