Most reliable place to buy Pygmy Cories?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AJ_117

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm looking for a few Corydoras Pygmaeus for my 10 gallon, but the two websites (liveaquaria and petsolutions) I frequent and trust do not have them.

My question is, what websites are reliable and safe to find these little guys? And if I can't find those specific ones, could I get away with a few false julii cory cats instead? I've already checked my lfs; she does not seem to have them (or know much about corydoras unfortunately).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

What about habrosus? What area are you in?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
I live on the East coast, specifically the Delmarva area

Wetspot is good but is on the opposite side of the country, in Portland. Weird about the lfs. Their stock lists usually have the scientific names of what they can order.

Brenna

Wetspot is good but is on the opposite side of the country, in Portland. Weird about the lfs. Their stock lists usually have the scientific names of what they can order.

Brenna
Do they ship that far? The only other thing I could think of is ask my lfs to order some but she's uh... very set in her ways lol. I'm not sure how well that would work.

I can get them for you and I'm in Indiana. But shipping has been a mess with the post office lately, unless you want to spring for Express Mail. A local friend of mine breeds habrosus and pygmaeus.
I'm not sure if wetspot would ship so far or not. They're very nice if you email them.

Brenna

I can get them for you and I'm in Indiana. But shipping has been a mess with the post office lately, unless you want to spring for Express Mail. A local friend of mine breeds habrosus and pygmaeus.
I'm not sure if wetspot would ship so far or not. They're very nice if you email them.

Brenna
Thank you for the help. I'll check out the store you're talking about, and I'll contact you about your friend's stock too if need be

Can't answer the shipping question, but as it's my lfs I know the Wet Spot has tons of great cories! They have all 3 pygmy/dwarf cories. I know that habrosus are $3 each (which is what I plan on stocking soon in my 20 long). They keep all their cories in species-only tanks with a little bit of sand at the bottom.

Spring for the overnight shipping and WetSpot will have no problems with you. :| Or, wait till things warm up and work with Brenna!

I surprisingly found Pygmy cories at my local petco! They were 99¢!! Most petcos can special order fish, ask around....

I've never had a problem with WetSpot and I live in MD. They do have a minimum of $25 for orders though.

Ms Jinkzd has them in stock but she hurt her arm and won't be shipping for another week or so.

I've purchased pygmies from both sites, no complaints!

I've never had a problem with WetSpot and I live in MD. They do have a minimum of $25 for orders though.

Ms Jinkzd has them in stock but she hurt her arm and won't be shipping for another week or so.

I've purchased pygmies from both sites, no complaints!
Lol you live in the Delmarva area, so you must know the pain of there being almost nothing out here haha. There's really nothing for fish here in DE, not sure what MD is like. Thanks for the tip too ($25 seems much for shipping for only a few fish, but I'll keep it in mind)

It's worth it to pay more for Express shipping.

Completely agree! Almost all my fish & shrimp are from WetSpot, Rachel, or Bob's...I always get Express, anything else is a gamble in my opinion.

Completely agree! Almost all my fish & shrimp are from WetSpot, Rachel, or Bob's...I always get Express, anything else is a gamble in my opinion.
Bob's is another website I was looking at. Would you recommend them? I've heard some mixed stories on him

I've ordered from Bob's quite a few times, the most recent was in November (snails, shrimp, and a couple pygmy cories actually). You can choose between Priority and Express but you do actually have to add on either heat or cold pack depending on the time of year. More feedback from AA members on this thread.

Back
Top Bottom