mouth injury GBR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sriracha

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My german blue ram got a mouth injury a few days ago, yesterday she ate a lot, but afterwards she became lethargic and hasn't been moving away from her safe spot. She was doing fine before the injury, I'm worried, because people say GBRs are so touchy. Could someone please help me identify the issue?

Could you give us a little more detail on the injury? What does it look like or how it happened would be a good start. Pictures would be really helpful as well.

The GBR in question tried entering my bettas cave, and my betta struck her on the mouth, the injury was quite small afterward, but during feeding yesterday I witnessed her get bit again because one of my Congo tetras thought the tiny flap of skin on her mouth was food. Today I can't tell if it is worse or better because there's more skin n stuff around it, could it be healing or turning into something worse?

Attachments

• image-2953562903.jpg
    image-2953562903.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 63
Make sure your water quality is pristine, because the injury can get fungusy or infected. It should heal on its own IME, but I'd watch it just to be sure

Thnx, my water tested fine, but I did a small water change just to give them some clean water. She seems to be really affected by this, possibly she's getting mouth rot or an infection? Should I quarantine n treat with meds?

Definitely QT her just so it can heal without further injury from other fish. Med's you would have to decide on but make sure she really needs them before using.

Back
Top Bottom