moved my fish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angeltank

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok so i moved and now have hard wood floors and the stand does not sit perfect what will happen if i fill the fishtank? will it settle or do i have to put shims under it/.

when you find a solution, let me know... somebody poured a very uneven slab under my apartment, all my tanks have a half inch gap between the water and the trim on one side or the other... i would think shims would be the only solution, but ive found that if i keep the filter on the low side, it aids in aeration...

Is this your 35 gallon? I would be less worried about a 35 gallon tank being uneven than a larger tank, but still that is a lot of water if there was a catastrophe. What kind of stand do you have?

yes it is my 35 gall and its the stand for the tank its an eclipse 3 tank set up don't know if that helps or not but it is a tank stand.
im just worried about the stand settling and then the glass trying to settle on that.

Definately shim it.....Make sure of level, not only side to side but front to back. You dont want a twist. You will have cracks eventually if you do.

Back
Top Bottom