Moving 10 day old Molly fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lotocus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Good afternoon, I could use some advice about our Molly Fry. They are about 10 days old today. Until now they have been in a fry net. We are wanting to move them into a 20 gallon tank that will be their permanent home. The 20 gallon has been working as a QT for about a month or more, and had been our main DT for almost a year before that - so cycling is not a problem.

I'm just worried about how much stress the little babies can handle - if moving them would be too much at this young age. They are all doing well and have been growing fast. I'm working to match the temp and the PH should be nearly identical also between the tank they are in now and the one they will be going to.

Thoughts?

Oh, and also - once they go into the new tank they will be released from they fry box into a section of the tank divided from the 3 adult Mollies that will be in the 20 gallon.

Thanks.

I have moved my guppy and platy fry before and they adapted very whell however the parameters should match there previous home other than that they will do just fine in there new home

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom