moving 10 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tarpon

Aquarium Advice Addict
How should I move my 10G from one house to the other? Should I drain it and put my fish and media in a bucket of tank water? If so will this make the bottom too heavy?
Or can I simply drain the tank halfway and bring it over?

I just fill a bucket with tank water and drain the rest of the tank, put the media in a sealable plastic container, sling the gravel/sand into whatever container I can find, bag the plants, and wrap up the ornaments in a cloth. I then carry the tank to wherever I need it to be.

Nvm. I can't bring it over to my moms even tho its just a ten gallon bc I already have a 30 gallon:(
Stupid parents. I was going to do something really cool like a planted shrimp or nano saltwater too.
I'm moving out...then I can have as many tanks as I want! ...which will be 3. A 55 or 75 gallon freshwater. A 30 gallon saltwater. And a 10 gallon planted shrimp tank...ahhh

Well it's only a ten gallon. I would just drain it half way and put the filter media in tank water in a bucket with ornaments.

Back
Top Bottom