Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hutch

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got into aquariums this summer. Everything has been going great, very few problems that were easily handlable but know my biggest challenge is coming up in september. I move back to the city for school. My city is known for its pollution and is 3 and a half hours away. Im worried first about the move itself and second about the city water that I will be using instead of good old northern ontario water which I have heard is great for fish. Any one have any pointers or ideas?

thanks hutch

I'd suggest a small water cooler for moving the fish (make sure the lid is water tight) I used one when moving my 10 gallon from school to home in May and am going to use it again in August getting my fish back to school.
You can probably move your decorations/plants and filter media all in one container.

IMO unless you have sand, getting your substrate out of your tank when you are moving it is the hardest part

Thanks for your posts

Is their anything wrong with keeping the sand in the tank with alittle water to keep the bacteria alive?

its a 25 gal tank

The majority of the bacteria is in the filter media so I dont think its necessary to keep the sand wet, even a little bit of sand and water in the tank will be very hard on the seals, try to remove as much as possible. And if the move will take more than an hour or two look into a battery operated air pump.

Back
Top Bottom