Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

moving 30gal tank

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with moving goldfish. I have a 30gal tank, with a common goldfish in it named Ophelia I am quite attached and would like him to survive the move. I am moving about 1150 miles away, any advice is welcome thank you so much.

Old 07-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Just drop the water level down in the tank, save the tank water and add every so often as you go, it should be fine..........

Old 07-20-2015, 04:24 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

Alright, first get a cooler where the fish can turn around comfortably in. Full with tank water. Buy a battery powered Air stone also an run it for the trip, you can find these in bait shops normally.

Next, get enough gallon size zip locks. Bags and put your filter media in along with tank water to keep the BB alive.

Next remove all tank decorations, I would put them in a 5g bucket an its up to you if you want them wet, be warned it will cause a BB die off if their dry but nothing major.

Toss the substrate, imho it's takes a lot if cleaning to make sure you remove all that waste that's stuck in it an could add to the stress if it causes a mini cycle.

When you get to the new house, slowly do a long drip acculmation as the water chemistry is likely to be very different. While this is going on, set up the 30g

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
moving, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com