Moving a 75 gallon tank!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abrahamavelar

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well my family has been planing on changing the carpet in like 2-3 weeks I know I need to save as much water as possible but my question is if I do that will that cause a mini cycle or a complete cycle and is there anything I can do to avoid the cycle????

You don't really need to save any of the water. You do need to keep the filter media wet. Are you going to move to a new location or just out and back?

Also this is my current fish stock

1 rainbow shark
6 platies
4 black skirt tetra (juv)
8 tiger barb (juv)
2 three spot gourami

And im planning on getting a pair of bolivian rams, some cory cats 5 or 6 and maybe not sure yet 10 neon tetras and my question is should I wait a week after the tank move or should I add a few when I start moving the fish back

I have taken ALL of the water out of my tank before and started fresh. No mini cycle or anything. Just be sure to keep your filter media wet so the bb dont die.

Ohhh ok so I dont really need to keep the water (thats good) :) but im gonna,leave the sand wet n keep the canister fulluntill its time to get it goin and im gonna take advantage and put a black background!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah just try and keep the filter media wet, really no BB are in the actual water itself so you don't have to worry about saving any water.

I would hold on a bit longer with adding anything. It might not cause a cycle but it's definitely going to stress your fish which makes them more perceptive to disease. Maybe even think about a qt tank while you're at it.

Im planning to set 3 tens and a 29

One ten will be QT
one for future fry
The other for my betta im gonna breed them again!!!

And the 29 im gonna try a dirt planted tank wit either a group of another species of betta or a pair of gbr

Lucky you, sounds like you're all set then! I wish I could get my fish-room already!!

Back
Top Bottom