Moving a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mr. D said:
M moving my 55gl to my basement b/c I hav

Sorry ....

I have to move it, when I move it it'll be moved and set back up prolly within an hour or less...

Do I drain water into buckets and put a few fish in each bucket while I move the tank or something else???

Same gravel, plants, filter...etc I will not be vacuuming the gravel to avoid all the bad stuff from gettin in the buckets as much as possible

I have 4duscus, 6neon tetras, to japanese alge eater( I think, my parents just came home with them one day), 2clown loaches, and a gold ram

What I did when I moved my 55 gallon was to remove the fish into separate buckets for separate species. But then I only moved it about 20 feet and it was a bit difficult.

i removed all my ornaments and took out about 905 of the water. I still had 50lb of sand in it, so it was still difficult to move. you would need at least two really strong to carry it down.

Mr. D said:
I have 4duscus, 6neon tetras, to japanese alge eater( I think, my parents just came home with them one day), 2clown loaches, and a gold ram

There Siamese alge eaters

Okay, yeah, my dad and I would so moving the tank won't be a problem if it's only about 50lbs Cus that's wat I have 2..... Thank you!!!

do not forget that leaving 10% water in there is about 5.5g At 8lb/gallon that's 44lbs. Also the tank itself is about 20lbs. thus it would be approximately 114lbs.

And since you will be carrying the tank in a downward direction, you need to be reminded that gravity will be slightly heavier on the person walking down first.

Yeah, I'll vac it with my siphon and do a water change like the day b4 I move it to clean it then take out a lot of the gravel when move it

Back
Top Bottom