Moving a tank from upstairs to downstairs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put your fish in a 5 gallon bucket - 2 if needed. Fill them halfway. In another bucket put your live plants (if you have any) and your filter media in another. Put a couple handfuls of gravel in as well and decor. Empty the rest.
After your drive, fill your tank up and heat it and dechlorinate your water. Then, drip acclimate your fish to the new tank water after adding your live plants, gravel, and filter media in. This prevents your tank from doing a bigger mini cycle. Drip acclimating your new fish to their home makes it just like when you first bought them and introduced them to their new home. It prevents a pH shock in their new water.

And there you go!

Put your fish in a 5 gallon bucket - 2 if needed. Fill them halfway. In another bucket put your live plants (if you have any) and your filter media in another. Put a couple handfuls of gravel in as well and decor. Empty the rest.
After your drive, fill your tank up and heat it and dechlorinate your water. Then, drip acclimate your fish to the new tank water after adding your live plants, gravel, and filter media in. This prevents your tank from doing a bigger mini cycle. Drip acclimating your new fish to their home makes it just like when you first bought them and introduced them to their new home. It prevents a pH shock in their new water.

And there you go!

Thanks so I only need to keep 10 gallons

Put it at the top of the stairs and push. Its harder going upstairs :) just kidding of course.

When moving my 75 gallon I kept 3x 5 gallon buckets. Most of the bacteria is in the substrate and filter media. I filled the tank with tap and prime waited for the temp to regulated and then added the buckets of just water into the tank then the fish.

Back
Top Bottom