Moving Bed Filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

echoDreamz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've seen numerous videos on youtube praising them, how to make them etc. Are they really that great? I've read a lot comments saying that they are amazing, others saying they noticed nothing, those that noticed nothing people say they used the wrong media...

Is anyone running one of these "self-made" moving bed filters? They look very easy to make, and if they really are what all the videos I've watched say they are, I'd love to try, but I'd rather not waste the time if they are useless or have little to no affect. I have a new 75G setup I would love to give it a go in if it is worth it :).

Thanks!

I.have made something like that. But its not the moving bed. The one I made works I think need to.redo.it or.something. it did help.seed my new tank with all my bacteria :)

Are you talking about the soda bottle with bio media and stirred by and air line? It sounds like a good idea but IMO the thing is hideous looking. I think it needs to be a certain size for the tank.

I can hide it pretty well, I am not worried about that, also I've seen other types of "canisters" used besides soda bottles.

Do you have any idea how well they work?

Back
Top Bottom