Moving...feeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay so my parents are getting divorced.... And I'm going to be living with my mom. All of my 5 tanks are at my dads. I won't be moving into the new house until August 30. Some time next week I will be moving into an apartment until we go to the official house. Here is my problem is it worth moving my largest tank (55g) to the apartment? I'm risking breaking the tank and/or killing the fish. the apartment is 3 floors up. Or a second choice would be to leave the tank at my dad's house until I move the official house. My dad isn't home often. The fishes lights may stay on for a few days. They may not eat a few days. I can come by some days a week to feed and do WCs. How many days can fish go without being fed?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry to hear about that.
I'd keep the tanks where they are (at least the 55g).
Get some timers for the light fixtures to give the tanks day/night regularity and reduce algae growth.
Some folks only feed their fish 1-2 times a week. They should be fine.

Imho, I would either bring the 55g along with you or rehome the fish. A 55g should be simple to take up a flight of steps as its quite a light tank. In a pinch I can move one by myself. I wouldnt worry much about breaking it if that's what's keeping you from moving the tank.

Imho, I would either bring the 55g along with you or rehome the fish. A 55g should be simple to take up a flight of steps as its quite a light tank. In a pinch I can move one by myself. I wouldnt worry much about breaking it if that's what's keeping you from moving the tank.

Jeez you must be a hulk. A 55g is 70lbs empty. And about 170 lbs full of substrate.

Jeez you must be a hulk. A 55g is 70lbs empty. And about 170 lbs full of substrate.

The weight isn't bad.. It's the length that's the hard part. Makes it hard to get a grip on the tank when your arms are stretched to their limit.

Lol. I move my 55's all the time by myself. Last one I carried down and back up 3 flights of stairs simply because it was easier than using two people. Lots of turns also. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404590922.832134.jpg
Maybe it just comes from climbing trees all day. ??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

Back
Top Bottom