Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2013, 07:37 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

moving fish

soooo i'm moving back to California and I really don't wanna give my 30gall tank away with my fish and I don't really wanna pay for the shipping is there a way were I can take my fish from MN to California its a two day drive i was just gonna use 2 heatesr and a couple of 5 gallon buckets with a top...i'm sure they will survive but be really stressed out..i have 3 corrys 6 danios 3 white skirt tetras

Old 07-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak45 View Post
soooo i'm moving back to California and I really don't wanna give my 30gall tank away with my fish and I don't really wanna pay for the shipping is there a way were I can take my fish from MN to California its a two day drive i was just gonna use 2 heatesr and a couple of 5 gallon buckets with a top...i'm sure they will survive but be really stressed out..i have 3 corrys 6 danios 3 white skirt tetras
Should be fine but try to change the water in the bucket or transfer the fish to a new bucket at the end of every day.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

well I was gonna move them with my fish tank water but do u suggest using different water cuz I was gonna put my filter and gravels with the same water with my plants to keep my media ok when I move
Old 07-30-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by freak45 View Post
well I was gonna move them with my fish tank water but do u suggest using different water cuz I was gonna put my filter and gravels with the same water with my plants to keep my media ok when I move
I think what the other guy meant was do a water change at the end of ever day since you won't have filters to remove any of the build up of the bad bacteria ammonia etc, I'd take the water you have in the tank at the minute and at the end of the first travelling day remove 50% and top it up again with fresh but try to keep the temperatures roughly the same if possible so as not to shock them.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

should I keep my danios tetras and my corrys in separate containers for bio loads

Tags
fish, moving, moving fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com