Moving fish to new tank...confused

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wemby088

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, This is my first time here and I would just like to thank all who respond. I have two tanks set up and both are cycled. One tank is 38(36x12x17h) gallons and the other is a 135(72x18x24h) gallons. The 40 gallon will be empty in a few weeks as it has some fantail goldfish that a co worker is taking. Someone from my building was moving and they had some young fish that I took as they were going to "get rid of them". Now for the problem, I have 2 oscars 3-4",a dempsey 2",2 bala sharks 3",pleco 10". From my neighbor I received 2 rosy barbs 2",2 pink convicts 2", red devil 2" blue gourami 4"...
Now the problem I see is the devil and what to do with it. I am thinking of putting the convivts the barbs and the gourami in the 40 and keep the oscars,balas,dempsey,pleco and devil in the large tank. right now after 2 weeks all is fine but I know a few months from now this will be a real rowdy tank. filtration is no issue as I have 3 large filters(cannister and hob).
The oscars and balas I have had before and would really like to keep them. Any suggestion would be appreciated and sorry for the long post.

Back
Top Bottom