Moving house

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Azzab_83

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, I will be moving house in a couple of months and I am worried about moving tank. It's 50 gallons which I have owned for a year now. Most of the fish have died but I still have two clown loaches, 1 angel, 3 neon tetra, 1 swordtail, 2 catfish, 1 widow and a ram. Any suggestions on the best way to move whole tank and reestablish?

I've been researching the same thing and been finding buckets are going to be my friend. My move is going to be about 800 miles from my current location.

You need to empty the tank completely. Put the fish in coolers or buckets. Keep the media in the filters damp. Put the substrate in to buckets. You can throw the plants in a bucket or wrap them in damp paper towels if you have any plants.

Get to your destination and set the tank back up. Re-acclimate the fish and you should be good to go. It is easier if you do the tank seperately from the rest of the move, either before or after.

yea i only moved a mile and homer paint buckets were my best friend for my 38 gal. I saved about 20 gallons of the original water and i didnt lose a single fish. I didnt even take the gravel out of the tank. i probably should have but i didnt.

I am moving also in a few months and was having the same worries. Its only 10 minutes from my home now, but was not sure how to transport the fish and the tank. Is it not good to leave the gravel and some things in the tank? I planned on using either buckets or bags to put the fish in

Back
Top Bottom