Moving tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jay jay

Aquarium Advice Freak
If I want to move my tank. Can I take out all the water then put the water back in and the fish?

Sure, but how far are you moving it? I would take everything out, move it a seprate bin, then move it

I'm not moving but I thinking about selling full tanks. Everything like water, fish,rocks etc

Hmm, then I'm not really sure what your question is then. You can bag fish up an transport them in tank water an a cooler ect.

I'm going to be selling tanks with fish and all. So if someone buys it they have everything set. So they won't have to get the water set then go get fish. It will all be ready.

So do you guys think that's a good idea? My dad said it was( he thought of it)

I think draining the tank would be better, it only cost like 3-6 dollars for declorenatior, it's seems to me that it would save a lot of hassle.

I think draining the tank would be better, it only cost like 3-6 dollars for declorenatior, it's seems to me that it would save a lot of hassle.

Like if I was going to sell this. Everything in it for $150. I would say what kind of fish was it in the.

Attachments

• image-2552351347.jpg
    image-2552351347.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 57
I personally would only move it with 25% water in at most. The silicone that seals the tank is flexible. Moving the tank will put pressure on the seals with water in.

I personally would only move it with 25% water in at most. The silicone that seals the tank is flexible. Moving the tank will put pressure on the seals with water in.

So leave some in it then put the rest in when I get to where I want it

Ok thanks everyone. Now I just need to get a tank to do this with lol.

1: unplug everything and put the filter media in a bucket of tank water

2: Fill a bucket or two with tank water and put fish in them (depends on how many and how big your fish are, or how aggressive they are)
You can put the filter media in a bucket with the fish, along with any plants.

3: remove all but an inch or two of water from the tank.

4: put lids on the buckets an transport them

5: once the tank is set up at its new location fill it up with fresh water and set up the filter heater ect. ( you can add plants now if you wish)

6: acclimate the fish and put them i the tank when they are ready.

Hope this helps!

Oh and if its a longer transport, i would recommend a blanket around the fish buckets if they will lose heat.( if its cold outside) and a battery powered air bubbler

1: unplug everything and put the filter media in a bucket of tank water

2: Fill a bucket or two with tank water and put fish in them (depends on how many and how big your fish are, or how aggressive they are)
You can put the filter media in a bucket with the fish, along with any plants.

3: remove all but an inch or two of water from the tank.

4: put lids on the buckets an transport them

5: once the tank is set up at its new location fill it up with fresh water and set up the filter heater ect. ( you can add plants now if you wish)

6: acclimate the fish and put them i the tank when they are ready.

Hope this helps!

Oh and if its a longer transport, i would recommend a blanket around the fish buckets if they will lose heat.( if its cold outside) and a battery powered air bubbler

So I can't use the same water?

The water doesn't make a difference. What you try to keep is the media and decor wet to keep the bacteria alive. I have swapped tanks out keeping only the filters changing everything else. Bubbles is correct I would just suggest taking everything out of the tank for precaution.

Back
Top Bottom