Moving to a 50g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Raignis

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm going to be replacing my 29g with a 50g in the next couple weeks. Currently in the 29g are an angelfish, a gourami and a dwarf gourami which are all migrating to the 50g when it's ready. I'll be adding four or five corys because my wife has been wanting some. Also, I'm going to attempt a planted tank for the first time, going with low light at first to ease into it.

I'm looking for ideas for a school. We're leaning towards cardinal tetras but would like some other ideas.

I have Columbian Blue Red Tetras, they get bigger, 2-3" in size but are very active and school/shoal together most of the time.

I also have x-ray(pristilla) tetras, they seem a little on the shy side but are a nice looking fish.

I would go 5-6 corys as this number seems to make them happy. Julii corys are sweet and don't get to big, 1-2". I suggest you research the corys as some get 3"+ in size.

Cheers, looking forward to see your stocking list when its done, you'll be happy with the extra tank size.

Zebra danios are nice for a school, they are really active. Cory cats are great, I have one that is probably 2.5 in or so, sold as a Julii, maybe just a giant. There are so many kinds I'm sure you will find a group you like.

Back
Top Bottom