moving to florida---- help cleaning a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishFreund86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there- i'm moving to Florida in a couple of weeks, and we have to transport a 55 gal fish tank (we gave the fish away); however, the tank is really dirty and I need to know a safe cleaner that I can use on the pump and glass that won't kill my fish when I set it up again.... so, what can I do to clean this thing????? thanks!

Water and elbow grease :)

Get something soft, but slightly abrasive, make sure it won't scratch the glass... I can't suggest a product because I use the center of floor polishing pads that I nab from work :D they work great for it, if you have access.

I believe some people use diluted vinigar, but I don't know the correct ratio for mixing.

Those green Scotch pads work really well on the glass and such and don't scratch it up, I use them with just plain water myself. If you do use a vinegar mixture just rinse, rinse, rinse and then give it a good soak and rinse before you set it up and it should be fine.

I agree, don't use anything but water if there hasn't been any disease in the tank. If you buy a sponge or anything to scrub with, make sure it doesn't have any soap in it. Some of them have soap when you buy them.

Welcome to Florida. What part?

Back
Top Bottom