MTS - and I wasn't even trying !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joannde

Aquarium Advice Addict
My husband decided it was time to start cleaning up the attic a week ago (don't ask me why - I guess he was bored LOL). He found a 10 gallon tank up there - but it was in really sorry shape and I had just purchased one, so I left it on the curb for someone to find (which they did).

Today he continued the "quest" and said "hey honey - I think there are TWO TWENTY gallon tanks up there too - they're all wrapped up from when we moved - what did you have in those ???". HMMMMMMMMM, I had NO idea and didn't even think they were tanks.

I unwrapped one and YES, its a 20G !!! The other unwrapped package is the same size, so I'm assuming its a 20G also LOLOLOL

The one I unwrapped is in PERFECT shape. I had bought it to raise mealworms for my geckos (way way way back when !). I have NO idea what the other one housed - maybe one of the miriad of hamsters I had. I'll have to check that one out when I get some time to unwrap it.

So now I have dreams of a metal stand to hold both tanks .... (hubby doesn't need to know that the tank is the least expensive piece of equipment, does he ???) :lol:

Since the first tank is definitely in good shape (just need to check for leaks) I want to do shell dwellers in that one - it will be something new for me, and certainly different. Plus shellies are just TOO cute.

IF the second tank is in good shape I'm thinking of perhaps fancy goldfish but for the life of me I can't remember if its 1 goldie per 20 gallons or per 10 gallons. If I can do two then I might go that route.

:wink: I feel like I've hit the lottery LOL

Congrats on the find-you are making me jealous. You could manage two fancy variety goldfish in there, but no more than two.

Well, hubby gave me a hard time about wanting to set up the tanks (so why did he tell me about them in the first place ????????? pffffffffft LOL).

He doesn't like the PERFECT spot for the tanks - says he'll probably knock them over when he turns the corner ..... geez LOL. About 15 minutes after this dicussion he comes up with "a plan" and wants to make a room divider out of them as a concession. A 20G isn't big enough for that ! Unless I put them side by side - which means there will be room under the tanks for 2 more 20's ROFL .....

BUT I have another idea :twisted: - what if I got a six foot long metal stand, and put a 6 ft tank on the top (how many gals would that tank be ???) and then the 2 20's under it ? now THAT"S a better room divider.

My poor husband - you'd think after 22 years he'd figure out that I can always "follow his rules" and still get what want ! ROFL

A 6ft tank would be about a 125g...not sure if that's safe for the top of a metal stand.

Congrats on the finds though. I wish I could find stuff like that in my house...it would be great!

125G - well now, wouldn't that be nice !!! -- I guess I'll just convince him that the perfect place we have IS the perfect place LOL

Back
Top Bottom