mts is getting to me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishnova

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am thinking of buying my second aquarium...:uhoh: I am leaning toward either a 20 standard, 36 bowfront, or a 54 corner! The choice depends on some negotiations; nonetheless I am getting a second aquarium!:dance:

I really want two corydoras sternai, two corydoras julii, two corydoras assimizii(I believe?), one male betta halfmoon plakat as my center piece fish, maybe a school of tetra...neons/celestial pearl danios/rummynose??))

Would anyone know minimum tank size for my choices? Is the 20 to small for the cories?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

Welcome to the disease lol, I have four active tanks with two more not set up lol! Anyway your cories should be fine depending on the width of the tank, you can go two ways on this, the twenty gallon comes in a Long size and a Tall size, the long one will give the cories more bottom room so I would recommend that over the 20g tall.

Just know that it will not stop at your second aquarium but on a side note congrats and post some pictures when you can.

Started with 1 up to 5.

You are barely infected, it gets worse as you go:lol: My opinion is get the largest tank you can afford, and have room for. there are always more fish you are going to want, if you have a larger tank you have more stocking options. I caught MTS a long time ago, and know have over 70 tanks in my fishroom:facepalm:

Argg! My friend is selling his 40 gallon bowfront+stand for 100 dollars...

How can I talk him down to fifty? Lol!

Really??? Err ....my wallet is starting to tingle... Lol!

What are your guys opinion on goldfish? Do they have great personalities???

Sorry for all the questions, I am overwhelmed with options on what type of fish to keep...

Fishnova said:
Really??? Err ....my wallet is starting to tingle... Lol!

What are your guys opinion on goldfish? Do they have great personalities???

Sorry for all the questions, I am overwhelmed with options on what type of fish to keep...

Ah your hooked!!! Lol
(sorry bad joke :D )

I have had 3 Goldie's for about a month now and they are great! Real little individuals.

Okay guys, I am sure I will be able to get the deal for 80!!!!
I really want two goldfish!!!!! One veiltail, and one ranchu!!!

Too many exclamation points I know, but I am pretty sure you guys already know my excitement:dance:

The only thing is, can I mix these two types of goldfish? I have done research on the web already, but I couldn't find anything that said these two cannot be mixed.

What kind of filtration will I need? Pwc schedule?
I will need all the help I can get!

In the aquarium world biggest is best. but why limit it to just 1. get all of them lol. it's gonna happen sooner or later.
With gold fish you want a lot of filtration and very frequent water changes. your water params will tell you how frequent. test daily until you get a system/schedule down.
I dont think you will have a problem with having both of those gold fish together but you should watch to make sure both are getting food. if one swims faster than the other it might eat up all the food before the other gets it.

Fishnova said:
Okay guys, I am sure I will be able to get the deal for 80!!!!
I really want two goldfish!!!!! One veiltail, and one ranchu!!!

Too many exclamation points I know, but I am pretty sure you guys already know my excitement:dance:

The only thing is, can I mix these two types of goldfish? I have done research on the web already, but I couldn't find anything that said these two cannot be mixed.

What kind of filtration will I need? Pwc schedule?
I will need all the help I can get!

So two fancies need a 30g tank. :)
You need 10x the tanks volume in filtration in gf tanks. So in a 30 you need 300gal/hour. Usually 2 50% PWC a week are sufficient for a gf tank.

I was thinking that, but I would like two because it gives them more room. Is this good thinking? I want them to be really happy fish.

I am planning on it, but for now a 40 will be great, right? :)

Back
Top Bottom