MTS or???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquaholic1

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys i have a 65gallon and im looking for something to help stur my sand substrate and scavenge really. I hear mts are really good for that job. Is there anything else or should i just go for them.
2x Bala Sharks
8x Tiger Barbs
3x Albino Corys
1x Pleco
soon to have:
4x clown loach

I use mts in all three of my tanks with 2-3" sandbeds and I barely ever notice them since they usually always under the sand so id give them a go if I were u

thanks do you think the clown loach's will keep them from excessively breeding? and how do you introduce snails to an aquarium?

Forgot you were putting in the clowns. They will probably eat the mts faster then they can reproduce and usually I get a bunch everytime I get plants from my lfs and just toss them in the tank as soon as I get home. No need for real acclimation imo.

cool i'll leave the mts in the tank for a month or so before i get the clown loaches. that should give them plenty of time. thanks for your help (y)

Hey guys i have a 65gallon and im looking for something to help stur my sand substrate and scavenge really. I hear mts are really good for that job. Is there anything else or should i just go for them.
2x Bala Sharks
8x Tiger Barbs
3x Albino Corys
1x Pleco
soon to have:
4x clown loach
they wilol work but will probably get eaten by the loaches. the sharks and loaches will definitely need a bigger tank and the pleco might depending on the species

its a 65UK gallon about a 80US i think and my biggest fish ATM is the pleco and hes only 2-3 long.

alLexX said:
they wilol work but will probably get eaten by the loaches. the sharks and loaches will definitely need a bigger tank and the pleco might depending on the species

I figured someone would eventually chime in on the stocking since I'm no expert to give advice. Still not sure how fast clowns can eat snails but on a good note they are pest snails so you can get them usually for free from lfs. If u had a separate smaller tank you could even reproduce them urself.

i have an empty planted 20gal so i may do that incase the clowns do eat them all. I have no room to get a bigger tank :( but im running a fluval 405 canister filter so that is easily coping with my fish poop.

its a 65UK gallon about a 80US i think and my biggest fish ATM is the pleco and hes only 2-3 long.
still to small. clown loaches and bala sharks both reach like a foot long and are schoolers,and the pleco if its a common could reach 2 feet.the pleco and loaches need like 125 US gallons and i think the balas need more

Oh dammm. i guess i'll be upgrading soon. ive got my eye on a 180UK gal set up but i will have to get rid of some things in my room to accomidate. haha. thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom